With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team of 15, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We've recently been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch and have decided to grow and scale the company from London, UK.
Our two-sided marketplace and ambitious growth plans come with many challenges in supporting our customers, and helping them make the most of the platform. We need to balance the needs of researchers with supporting high quality participant growth to hundreds of thousands of users. The ideal candidate will probably have led a sales, customer success, operations, or account management team in a fast paced startup environment.
Together with our Support Team you will work towards these key goals:
- You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Customer Success function, setting goals and targets, and making sure it’s performing against agreed KPIs and SLAs.
- Represent the customer voice and share insights throughout the wider business, and help initiate product improvements suggested by the support team with the product team.
- Use data and other insights to optimize our current processes to create better experiences for customers, as well as continuing to develop our internal policies.
- Identify and take advantages of opportunities to drive growth, and sales opportunities through Customer Service.
- Help to scale our team to cope with the next level of platform and user growth.
This will likely involve some or all of the following:
- Define and manage the support team meetings and planning processes.
- Line manage the support team members.
- Be the final escalation stage for any issues with researchers, participants or mediation.
- Pro-actively make improvements to processes and resources for supporting researchers.
- Draft written specifications of improvements to features or policies for the platform.
- Communicate regularly and work cross-functionally with our product team on support and product features and assist in design/implementation and QA.
- Develop and document best practices for support process and product improvements.
- Contribute to the company's overall strategy and be mindful of the company’s overall targets and goals.
You will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience in a support role (preferably with management experience).
- Understanding of and experience at a high-growth startup.
- Understanding of online business platforms and dealing with customers virtually.
- Understanding of scientific research and research practices or an interest in learning about the research space and research practices.
What we offer:
- Meaningful equity allocation and salary depending on experience.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- Budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.