With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team of 17, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We've recently been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch and have decided to grow and scale the company from London, UK.
As part of our Growth Team and working closely with Leadership you will work towards these key goals:
- Communicate about Prolific, it's mission, products and services to the academic community.
- Deeply understand the concerns, needs and developing trends of the academic community.
- Plan and experiment with new growth, marketing and sales channels to help hit targets.
This will likely involve some or all of the following:
- Managing Prolific's conference and public communication strategy.
- Acting as the main public spokesperson for Prolific in the academic community.
- Help develop Prolific's public brand.
- Help define growth KPIs and targets for acquiring, converting and retaining new researchers.
- Study company products and translate technical details into benefits for the user by crafting compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, social media, SEO, blog) and creatively developing promotional materials and website content.
- Implement marketing initiatives, and test/adjust these as needed in response to collected data and other feedback.
- Disseminate the key information to the whole Prolific team in written reports and summaries, highlighting the key insights you’ve gained, which are easily interpretable and actionable.
- Run regular customer interviews and feedback processes.
- Act as the expert "voice" of academic users.
You will have:
- Background in academic research.
- Passion for quantitative research, psychology, behavioral science or similar.
- Excitement to work for an early-stage, fast-growing startup.
What we offer:
- Meaningful equity allocation and salary depending on experience.
- Employee stock options scheme.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- Budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.